On May 14, 12:07 pm, Markus Falb <markus.f...@fasel.at> wrote:
> This would mean that looking in the process table is unreliable

Indeed so.  It is the least common denominator, but as you saw, it is
prone to false positives.  In some cases it can also suffer from false
negatives.

> and now
> I am thinking about setting a default
>
> Service {
>   hasstatus => true
>
> }
>
> so I do not have to specify it for every service.

That's entirely reasonable if your initscripts support it.  While
you're at it, you might consider whether you should also default
"hasrestart => true".  If any of your initscripts do not support one
or both of those commands, I recommend explicitly specifying
appropriate commands in those Services' 'status' and 'restart'
parameters instead of relying on the default behavior.

John