I had some issues with using boolean logic with data being fed to me by hiera.
I went for a slightly hacky option of:

might help you, might be a BadIdea(™)

(untested)

class foo::params{
bool_to_be_tempname = hiera('some_TorF_key_as_a_string')
  case bool_to_be_tempname {
    [tT][rR][uU][eE]: {
      bool_to_be = true
    }
    default: {
      bool_to_be = false

On Jun 13, 2012, at 7:40 AM, Michael Knox wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been moving from extlookup to hiera, and it's generally gone fairly
> smoothly, but I've run into a problem with one of our defines ...
>
> I get this error:
> err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
> can't convert Array into String at ...
>
> The define uses an exec to install Perl CPAN modules and sets log output
> based on a hiera lookup.
>  exec{"cpan_load_${title}":
>   < cut …>
>    logoutput   => hiera('cpan_logoutput'),
>  }
>
> If I remove that line, everything runs through fine.
>
> The yaml for hiera:
> ---
> cpan_logoutput: true
>
> Any ideas on what could be triggering this error?

This message may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please advise us immediately and delete this message.
See http://www.datapipe.com/legal/email_disclaimer/ for further information on
confidentiality and the risks of non-secure electronic communication. If you
cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send
the contents to you.