On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:19 AM, kai <kaiva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Puppet version: 2.7.14
>
> Puppet master behind apache with mod_proxy load balancer.
> I am able to authenticate with the cert as per these headers:
>
> Accept: s
>
> Any idea what this error means ?

It means the request isn't authorized.

I think your problem is that the headers aren't matched up with the
environment variables you're setting.

In http://goo.gl/R4IoB you have this on the back end:

SetEnvIf X-SSL-Client-DN "(.*)" SSL_CLIENT_S_DN=$1

But this doesn't match the header you're setting on the front end:

RequestHeader set X-Client-DN %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN}e

Making this match up should get you closer to your goal.

-Jeff