Hi,

On 06/26/2012 12:30 AM, Paul Mena wrote:
> I think the answer is yes, but is it possible for Puppet to subscribe to
> an email folder on a remote server?  My plan is to perform an action
> whenever the mailbox receives a new email message.

I suppose you can cobble something up using an

exec { "fetchmail ...": notify => ... }

so yes, it's likely possible. I disbelieve that there is a puppet
feature that supports it more directly, though.

I'd like to go on record saying that, without having learned more
details, I get the impression that you're about to open up a security
hole. Please consider using tools that lend themselves better to the
job, such as MCollective.

HTH,
Felix