Hi Mouhcine,

I find that if you can script it you can manage it with puppet and I
haven't run into much I don't manage with puppet.

I haven't used puppet to manage a Tomcat instance (you will likely
find something on http://forge.puppetlabs.com/ for doing that though)
but if you are deploying a jar file to a specific directory that's
very easy with puppet using the file resource.
Have you had a look through the introductory docs?
If not start here http://docs.puppetlabs.com/puppet/
That explains all the basics and should get you going pretty quickly.

Good luck and enjoy.

Pete