I'm in the process of refactoring some code and getting it ready for 3.0 in
the process.

I'm trying to better modularize things as well.

I've got a general tomcat module, but I also have a number of tomcat
related things that only apply to one class of appserver we have.

What would be the best way of handling these?

Should I create a module, say, teamname_tomcat and have it inherit from the
main tomcat and put the various defines and classes needed for this one
grouping of tomcat installs there? Though that would involve cross-module
inheritance, which I understand to be A Bad Thing(tm). Though I guess I
could just have it require / include the tomcat module.

I've got a few other modules where a specific grouping of instances will
have/need special defines and classes that the most instances won't need.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.