Hello readers,

I am wondering - what's the difference between executing "puppet agent" and
"puppetd"? I am on SLES 11 SP2, and both commands want to use the
/var/run/puppet/agent.pid lock file, both pull the configurations from the
server, but they seem to be mutually exlusive. When I run "sudo puppet
agent", the /etc/init.d/puppet status" will say "unused", for examle. Also
the process is different - one is /usr/sbin/puppetd, the other is
/usr/bin/puppet.

Yet they do - AFAIK - the same.

Can somebody help me out here? Which one should I actually use for clients?

Thanks & greetings,
Axel.