> You don't say what version of puppet you're using, whether you're using
> an ENC, or whether you're already using either extlookup() or hiera(),
> so it's really difficult to suggest something that integrates well with
> your current environment.

Sorry I didn't provide more detail.  We're using puppet 2.6.13.  We
have a single *.pp config file for each and every host, so specifying
additional classes is not hard to do on a host-per-host basis.  Here's
the limits.conf config from the class that has been applied to these
hosts:

file { "/etc/security/limits.conf":
   owner   => "root",
   group   => "root",
   mode    => "644",
   content =>
}

Basically I just want this "file" type to not be active on three
hosts.  I don't need to be able to detect the hosts, as I can specify
the config manually in each of their config files.