Is there an way for puppet to not check whether a service is running
or not? I'm basically looking for the equivalent of enable => manual
for Linux systems, I think. This would be useful when the service
itself is under the control of a CRM like Pacemaker or I want to give
control of the service to an end user, say both tomcat and glassfish
are on the same box and they want to run one instead of the other.

Supposedly the Example42 modules support this by disableboot=>true,
but that doesn't appear to do anything other than set "enable =>
false" for the service and I don't see how that stops Puppet from
checking whether the service is up or down.

Thanks!

--
Later,
Darin