On 2012-09-29 16:42, Gabriel Filion wrote:
> From what I understand of storeconfigs, it is possible to plug both
> puppetmasters on the same MySQL db. Are there any possibilities of
> issues with having two puppetmasters with *different versions* hit on
> the same db ?

FYI I ran a test run and got my answer. It is *not* a good idea :P

the 2.6 client run on the 2.6 master got the following error:

err: Could not run Puppet configuration client: Parameter require
failed: No title provided and "#<YAML::Object:0x7f8e7719a520>" is not a
valid resource reference

and after that, the storeconfigs DB was screwed up on the 0.25.4 master.
clients kept getting the following error:

err: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER:
Could not render to pson: undefined method `title' for nil:NilClass

dropped the db and restored the dump I had made before the test and
client runs started working again against the 0.25.4 master.

--
Gabriel Filion