Hello,

Here is the output. It seems strange as puppet resource user foo does not
return something about expiry. Even if it's set correctly as chage -l is
showing. Does this help?

[root@host ~]# puppet resource user foo
user { 'foo':
  ensure           => 'present',
  comment          => 'userfoo',
  gid              => '2111',
  groups           => ['group1'],
  home             => '/home/foo',
  password         => '$6$Poreu0cX$LOCKEDBYPUPPET',
  password_max_age => '99999',
  password_min_age => '0',
  shell            => '/bin/bash',
  uid              => '2113',
}
[root@host ~]# chage -l foo
Last password change                                    : Jul 27, 2012
Password expires                                        : never
Password inactive                                       : never
Account expires                                         : Jan 01, 2012
Minimum number of days between password change          : 0
Maximum number of days between password change          : 99999
Number of days of warning before password expires       : 7