On 10/11/2012 10:28 PM, Zack Simpson wrote:
I'm a noob puppeteer.  I'm following the directions here:

http://shapeshed.com/setting-up-puppet-on-ubuntu-10-04/

I'm running two identical Ubuntu VMs. I can apparently set up the master ok. But, when I try to connect with an agent I get the following error from the agent:

Error: Failed to apply catalog: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: tlsv1 alert decrypt error Error: Could not send report: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server session ticket A: tlsv1 alert decrypt error

And I get the following from the masterhttp.log on the master:

ERROR OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_accept returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read client certificate B: no certificate returned

At first I was running ruby 1.9.2 but then read this:

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9084

I tried to follow the instructions on that post and when that didn't work I rvm installed 1.8.7 and still no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Zack

Hi Zack,

Check the date on master and client.  They should be the same.

Grts

Jo

Johan De Wit

Open Source Consultant (rhce : 805008667232363)

Open-Future           Phone   +32 (0)2/255 70 70
Zavelstraat 72        Fax     +32 (0)2/255 70 71
3071 KORTENBERG       Mobile  +32 (0)474/42 40 73
BELGIUM               http://www.open-future.be