$y = split($x["app${group_nbr}"], ',')

Hope that helps
- henrik

On 2012-15-10 14:12, rvlinden wrote:
Hi all,
I'm wondering if puppet can create a variable based on another variable ??
Here is an example
3 global varibles
$::gbl_users_groups = app1,app2
$::gbl_users_accounts_app1 = app1user1,app1user2
$::gbl_users_accounts_app2 = app2user1,app2user2
What does work is this
$groups_name_array = split($::gbl_users_accounts_app1,',')
  or
$groups_name_array = split($::gbl_users_accounts_app2,',')
What I really want to do, is replace the static app1 and app2 within the
$groups_name_array, to something dynamic like this
$groups_array = split($::gbl_users_groups,',')
$groups_name_array = split($::gbl_users_accounts_*$groups_array*,',')
If have tried various combination, but just can seen to find the right
one (if it is possible)
Any suggestions
Regards, Rene