Hello Bee,

This message is often the result of one of the following:

1) Firewall blocking the puppetdb port
2) DNS issue with the hostname specified in your puppetdb.conf
3) DNS issue with the ssl-host specified in your jetty.ini on the puppetdb
server

Are you able to connect (e.g. via telnet) from the master machine to port
8081 on the puppetdb machine?

Please feel free to jump on the #puppet channel in Freenode if you need
rapid assistance!  We'll be happy to help.

Thanks
Chris