Comments in line

On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:11:59 PM UTC-5, Ryan Coleman wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Nan Liu <n...@puppetlabs.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> The existing puppet manifests documentation generated via rdoc isn't
>> very dry. I quite like docco generated documentation so I borrowed
>> from rocco to create a puppet manifests documentation tool called
>> pocco.
>>

> Awesome Nan! What's the usage for this? Is one to run rocco against a
> manifest?

I would like to know this as well, though from looking at the code, I think
I saw an exec that updates the documentation if any of the manifests on the
master changes.

>> Here's a module that will install the tool:
>> https://github.com/nanliu/puppet-pocco
>

> Sweet! Would you please throw this up on the Forge?

+1

>> Here's a sample documentation generated from the manifest in the module:
>> http://nanliu.github.com/puppet-pocco/
>

> This is very slick. Is there an option to get the documentation back
> without the manifest code if that's desired?

+1

>> WARNING: unless pymentize is installed, manifests are shipped to
>> pygments.appspot.com for highlighting, so don't try this on anything
>> sensitive.
>>
>> It's just an experiment, but feel free to provide feedback.
>>

> Would anyone be interested in seeing the Forge processing documentation
> like this and displaying it on a module page? This tool is very manifest
> centric so the challenge would be to compose module-wide documentation in a
> meaningful way but this is the awesome-sauce.

I think that would be an excellent addition to the forge, and would go a
long way towards helping decide which modules are good quality and will
work with a given site, especially if it can be expanded to cover full
modules.