On 11.10.2012 18:02, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> On Thursday, October 11, 2012 5:34:47 AM UTC-7, Markus Falb wrote:

>> I tried a virtualbox guest instead on my laptop with similar experience.
>> It downloaded the kernel but hangs at the initrd.

> Hrm.  That seems to point fairly squarely to some oddity at the network
> layer: sending those files is pretty close to static file serving.  If you
> could capture a packet trace to figure out what was happening that would be
> great.

I found out that with virtualbox I can change the network adapter. There
are pcnet or intel or virtio adapter types.

With pcnet devices the problem persists.

However, with intel or virtio adapters the microkernel boots and
registers with the server.

I had no luck with vmware, wireless or not, but I did not investigate
how to change network adapter or if it is possible.

I found https://github.com/puppetlabs/Razor/issues/194
It is stated there that razor will not support virtual clients bridged
to wireless lans. I have to tell that with my problem wired or wireless
did not matter.
--
Kind Regards, Markus Falb