Hi, I have a puppetmaster - agent architecture. I have a module for the
vsftpd configuracion in the agents. The configuration of the value
'max_per_ip' in the agents may vary. This is a line of the manifest:

$max_per_ip = hiera('max_per_ip',10)

I want to specify different values for each agent using hiera. The problem
is I am only able to specify the 'common' values, not the values using the
the variable 'clientcert'. This is my configuration in the puppetmaster:

The '/etc/hiera.yaml' file:

---
:backend:
  - yaml
:hierarchy:
  - ${certname}
  - common
:yaml:
# datadir is empty here, so hiera uses its defaults:
# - /var/lib/hiera on *nix
# - %CommonAppData%\PuppetLabs\hiera\var on Windows
# When specifying a datadir, make sure the directory exists.
  :datadir:

I created the file '/var/lib/hiera/c108.dfgserver.com.yaml' with the
following content:

---
#vsftpd
max_per_ip: 20

But this doesn´t work. The agent ignores the value 'max_per_ip' established
on the file. If I rename the file '/var/lib/hiera/c108.dfgserver.com.yaml'
to 'common.yaml', then it works. At the beginning I thought it could be an
issue with the variable 'certname' but if I execute the following in the
agent it returns the fact correctly:

root@c108:/etc/puppet# puppet apply -ve 'notify {"My certname is:
${settings::certname}":}'
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/iptables.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/pe_version.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/iptables.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/pe_version.rb
Info: Applying configuration version '1353427613'
My certname is: c108.dfgserver.com
/Stage[main]//Notify[My certname is: c108.dfgserver.com]/message: defined
'message' as 'My certname is: c108.dfgserver.com'
Finished catalog run in 0.07 seconds
root@c108:/etc/puppet#

So the namefile must be '$certname'.yaml right?

I have the last versions of the repo 'apt.puppetlabs.com'. Both machines
are ubuntu 10.04 LTS (lucid) with the last stable packages.