On 11/20/2012 11:51 PM, Charles Gilbert wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Let me try to clarify as the node is on a disconnected network and I am
not able to transmit logs from it.

If I stop iptables, delete everything in the file, and then run the
firewall rules on the server, all the rules are applied with no errors.

However, when I trigger another run of puppet, on that same node after
the rules have been added, the puppet run fails with errors in regards
to the iptables provider can not handle fields like proto, log_level etc
that had worked on first run.  It seems to me that we need to flush all
rules and then the class should execute to apply the firewall rules. To
flush the rules, I set the resources purge true for firewall.

  Not really sure if this clarified anything.  When I ran debug myself,
I did not see the purge actually execute as I would expect.

Shouldn't purge only remove rules that added and not managed by puppet?

--
Jakov Sosic
www.srce.unizg.hr