Was just wondering, before I went too far down this path...

I have to use Hyperic for monitoring and alerting.

I've got... 110+ apps to monitor spread across 3 clusters of 3 nodes. I've
puppetized nearly every other aspect of this setup, so am now looking to
puppetize the monitoring.

I know that puppet has rather extensive, built in support for Nagios, and I
have heard that Nagios style scripts can be used with Hyperic.

I also know that Hyperic has a couple of APIs for programmatically adding
services/applications/groups/alerts/etc.

I did not find any hyperic modules on the forge - though I don't need any
for installing the server and agents as I already have that done.

Has anyone attempted this so far? If so, any pointers or caveats you could
share? Or, if not on this specifically, any pointers as to a general
approach that I should take?

I do have, in hiera, a list of what apps belong on what nodes in each
cluster, so I don't need to export that, and would like to use that for my
monitoring.  I also know that if I am not careful, the monitoring will
hammer my servers when the scripts run, and these tend to take a fair
amount of abuse as it is, so don't want to add to it too much if I can.

Thanks.