Hi,

Thank you for letting me post this to the community.

It is not spam. I am a real RHEL sysadm in for the online campus at Penn
State. We are
looking to expand our group and are committed to DevOps using Puppet.

If anyone is interested in this position, please check out the
employment site for the University.

The job is located in University Park and supports the fastest growing
(revenue and enrollments) campus of the University.

We currently support complex multi-datacenter Drupal systems, and are
expanding in that area. This job is to be part of a team that makes
that happen. BTW we also work with some awesome Drupal people.

The site to find out more and apply is
http://psu.jobs/Search/Opportunities.html

Search for the following description.

Systems Administrator (Red Hat)
Campus/Location: University Park CampusDate Announced: 11/28/2012
Work Unit: OutreachJob Number: 38237
Department: Outreach Technology ServicesLevel/Salary
Band/Classification: 02 - J - Non-exempt
03 - K - Exempt
04 - L - Exempt

Penn State Outreach Technology Services seeks an experienced Systems
Administrator with Drupal and Word Press experience to join our
innovative Web Services team. This team works closely with both
Outreach Marketing and Learning Design Drupal developers, to innovate
and collaborate on cutting edge solutions. The role will lead in the
development, implementation, management, testing, and support of a
LAMP (Linux, APACHE, MySQL, PHP) environment. This position will be
responsible for creating and implementing technical specifications,
will be the primary specialized contact, and will be responsible for
the day-to-day operation of Outreach’s web-based Marketing servers
including load balancing technologies and SSL certificate management.
This job will be filled as a level 2, level 3, or level 4, depending
upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and
experience. Typically requires an Associate’s degree or higher plus
two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience for a level 2. Additional experience and/or
education and competencies are required for higher level jobs.
Preferred Certifications in Red Hat Certified System Administrator
(RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE, VMware Certified
Professional (VCP),) Puppet Professional Certification. Candidate must
be experienced in requirements gathers, performing needs analysis,
evaluating and recommending vendors, and developing specialized design
specifications for new hardware and software systems. The successful
candidate will have advanced knowledge and experience in Server
Administration and Linux Red Hat operating system including ensuring
proper operation/configuration of servers, ensuring proper operation
of and managing software, upgrades, patches, as well as monitoring
server performance. Candidate should have strong documentation skills
and familiarity with change control processes and have ability to work
effectively with business organizations, understanding their needs and
showing tact and judgment in developing specialized solutions and
analyzing/diagnosing specialized issues. This position requires some
after-hours work for emergency support and participation on an On Call
rotation. This is a fixed-term appointment funded for one year from
date of hire with excellent possibility of re-funding. We seek
candidates who are able to demonstrate experience and ability to
advance Outreach's diversity initiative.