Philip Brown writes:

 > On Monday, December 17, 2012 1:02:20 PM UTC-8, Steven VanDevender wrote:
 > >
 > > Philip Brown writes:
 > >  > ...
 > >  > So, one to change the tabstops thing, and one to make the closing brace
 > >  > outdent?
 > >
 > > You might look at the customization group for "puppet", since that
 > > should list all the variables intended for controlling its behavior (and
 > > let you automatically change and save settings in your .emacs).  I find
 > > puppet-mode doesn't always auto-indent the closing brace the way you
 > > (and I also) want, but if I move the closing brace back to where I want
 > > it, puppet-mode will leave it there.
 >
 > Thanks for the reply.  I'm not actually an emacs expert.. so I dont
 > understand what "customization group" is.
 > I did notice that if I move the brace, it stays.. but reformatting Every
 > Single Closing Brace manually, is really annoying.

Try "M-x customize-group" and answer the prompt with "puppet".  Sadly
not much is documented there and there aren't a whole lot of control
variables.  I suspect in this case you'd either have to mess with the
Emacs Lisp source (or at least have your own modified version of the
indentation functions).  puppet-mode is kind of rudimentary but I know
the author and he would probably be amenable to improving it, if you
allow him some time.