When you specify "include sysctl" then Puppet includes the sysctl class and
this class only ensures that the /etc/sysctl.conf file exists:

class sysctl {

    file { "/etc/sysctl.conf":

        ensure => "present",

        owner => "root",

        group => "root",

        mode => 0644,

which it likely already does so Puppet does nothing.  Your users class
calls some of your defined types so you see Puppet creating resources.  I
expect you want to create some of your sysctl defined types in your sysctl
class as well.

You can supply --debug command-line option to see what Puppet is doing
under the hood.

  - Keith