Perhaps 'puppet node' is what you're looking for?

$ sudo puppet node status $(facter fqdn)
[sudo] password for kburdis:
lnxmgt-01.domain
Currently active
Last catalog: 2013-01-31T14:57:22.518Z
Last facts: 2013-01-31T14:57:14.732Z

To get more info you'll can install PuppetDB and that's as simple as:

# puppet module install puppetlabs/puppetdb

Then update auth.conf to make the inventory service accessible:

# vim /etc/puppet/auth.conf
# Permit all access to the facts endpoint:
# (Note that this will allow access to both facts and facts_search, since
the
# path is read as a prefix.)
path /facts
auth any
method find, search
allow *

Then you can query data about your nodes - for example:

$ PUPPETMASTER_HOST=$(facter fqdn)
$ PUPPETMASTER_PORT=443
$ MYNODE=$(facter fqdn)
$ *curl -k -H "Accept: yaml"
https://${PUPPETMASTER_HOST}:${PUPPETMASTER_PORT}/production/facts/${MYNODE}
| head*
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
 Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
 Speed
100  3630  100  3630    0     0  31795      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--
 708k
--- !ruby/object:Puppet::Node::Facts
  expiration: 2013-01-31 15:27:14.027384 +00:00
  name: lnxmgt-01.domain
  values:
    sshrsakey:
"AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAnIMv0+l7LqSC2uNHBTTZVex/2o4E9H1zgieVlM7VZIvmieHPb7Kl/FtgFrqr7C13u2HiNHO67yOVZkMyFjIfR8ywtHyNr8kEQcKQCDJNtixXQHRqRVFRr0yg/+ptRfP0Ajix0nUle2oDa0KZbQc5sFjBkvAOdej99UXEL2TD7yNFnzz4fU9SpV+VBfRUjkFGxrmN6TlJuaugtij7+P9tX4I/CoW/8/LWIRVKjA6cX+NVC3g3v5982JWcesd3S5fwP6do655dZtKaeiFzhqE5KscIhTRUOGjAKGZJ2yfW3DeaaH7V1mPbEuHSw5Elk+m9JBpHrHqDMfxCPleCEY9LDQ=="
    is_virtual: "true"
    swapfree: "3.47 GB"
    augeasversion: "0.9.0"
    netmask_lo: "255.0.0.0"