David,

Are you using PuppetDB?  There was a thread on this list recently about the
same topic, and there was some example SQL that could be used in the
short-term.  We have a few open tickets around coming up with better
solutions for this and we expect to be addressing them Very Soon Now.  If
you are using PuppetDB and you are interested in links (to either the
tickets or the previous thread) let me know and I'll dig them up.

Thanks!
Chris