The Puppet agent tries to connect to the master using the hostname 'puppet'
by default so one solution may be to add an /etc/hosts entry for 'puppet'
with the correct IP for your Puppet master:

* # echo “<your puppet master ip> puppet” >> /etc/hosts*
*
*
For example:*
*

  # echo "10.0.67.1 puppet" >> /etc/hosts

If you are running the agent manually then you can specify the Puppet
master hostname/IP using the --server parameter - for example:

  # puppet agent --test --server 10.0.67.1

and on RHEL-like systems you can configure the Puppet master hostname for
the agent in /etc/sysconfig/puppet.

  - Keith