Hi John,

Thanks for your suggestion. In our setup, puppet cron is managed by system
crontab via a script and with  no-daemonize option.For now, I will divide
the nodes and run them bi-hourly.  In the meantime, I will follow the
example bunch on the setting up cron for puppet from here,

http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/1/wiki/Cron_Patterns

-------