On Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:44:04 AM UTC-5, Martin Alfke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mar 27, 2013, at 2:32 AM, iamauser <tapas....@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Pete and Martin. Follow up question.
> >
> > Let's assume I have 3 nodes (A,B,C), and all of them have some class
> definitions in site.pp, and now, I just want to test my ENC based class
> definitions for only node-A. I have 'node-A.yaml' that has the extra class
> definitions. Should this be enough or I need to put empty class definitions
> for node-B and node-C in the 'yaml' format in order for puppet to work
> properly ?
>
> There is no need for extra yaml files as long as the ENC does not throw an
> error.
> YOu can test it by running your enc manually and use a non existing node
> as parameter.
> If your enc does provide empty yaml only as output then you are fine.

aha! that's an important aspect. In case of an empty file if I set the ENC
to throw 'zero' as exit code this should work, shouldn't it ?

This means, the client nodes will either look for a definition in the
site.pp or in the form a 'yaml' file or BOTH to receive the catalog from
the master as long as the exit code for ENC is zero, if specified.

Just putting it out in writing so that it is easier for NP.

Thanks for your suggestions...

---------