Hi,

I am new to puppet and am experimenting with some basic commands. I have a
puppetmaster server and a couple or servers with puppet client. All servers
are running ubuntu.

I have set up the link between the master and the clients and their certs
have been signed etc.

The clients have had puppet started via 'service puppet start' and can
confirm they are running with 'service puppet status'.

When I make any changes on the master nothing happens on the servers. I
have waited a couple of hours and e.g. the required package has not been
installed on the client. As soon as I run on the client:-

puppetd --test

It will immediately install the package so I know my manifests / modules
are correct as it does what I request when I manually ask it. I just need
it to run periodically automatically and get the latest info from the
master.

Any ideas of things I can check?