On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 02:29:51 -0700 (PDT)
ro...@liveperson.com wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
> I know it's an old post, but I'll be happy to hear more about how
> you're doing the agent installations with puppet, and maybe even get
> some code from you if it's possible. :)
> Is there an option to contact you?

You can contact me by mail or just replying on this list. The
repository https://github.com/stschulte/puppet-hpom is still up if you
are interested in custom types. I'm happy to merge in pull request, too.

About the installation itself:

I do not have the code around right now but I install the agent with an
exec resource from a NAS share (something along oainstall.sh -i -a
-includeupdates -defer_configure). The same is true for configuration
(oainstall.sh -c -a -s $server) and activation (If you have a lot of
updates and hotfixes, doing the installation and configuration in
seperate steps will be a *a lot* faster)

I also have an if clause to check the custom fact opcagtversion against
the desired version (with the versioncmp function) and trigger another
exec to update the agent if necessary.

If you want a more concrete example I'll check the module at
work and will see what I can actually make public.

-Stefan