It seems to me that you will be relinquishing puppet's ability to maintain the
content of the file by doing this. If that's acceptable, use the replace
parameter to only have puppet maintain the initial config and allow the file to
be changed outside puppet moving forward. If that's not acceptable, then the
location from which the template values are derived must be updated in
lock-step with the changes you make externally to puppet. This may be possible
programmatically depending on your scenario, but it feels like the wrong
direction to go to me.

I might approach this with a wrapper class that has awareness of resource A and
resource B, and feeds them both the proper parameters to satiate their needs
when cohabitating.

Alternatively, I might stub out a conf.d style config directory and provide to
resource B a handle into resource A's config file through an included config
file owned by resource B.

                    =MobileMail=
Please excuse brevity or spelling errors