Read through the thread and didn't see a fix. I'm running into this issue
with a new Ubuntu server. Any help?

Here's how I installed the repo.

~# lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Release:        12.10
Codename:       quantal

~# wget -q https://apt.puppetlabs.com/puppetlabs-release-quantal.deb

~# dpkg -i puppetlabs-release-quantal.deb
(Reading database ... 60865 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace puppetlabs-release 1.0-7 (using
puppetlabs-release-quantal.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement puppetlabs-release ...
Setting up puppetlabs-release (1.0-7) ...

~# grep '^deb' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/puppetlabs.list
deb http://apt.puppetlabs.com quantal main
deb-src http://apt.puppetlabs.com quantal main
deb http://apt.puppetlabs.com quantal dependencies
deb-src http://apt.puppetlabs.com quantal dependencies

# apt-get install puppet
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 puppet : Depends: puppet-common (= 3.2.1-1puppetlabs1) but it is not going
to be installed