    ensure => 'installed',
    name   => 'zookeeper',
  }
  package { 'zookeeper-gem':
    ensure   => 'installed',
    name     => 'zookeeper',
    provider => 'gem',
  }

This just fails with "Cannot alias Package[zookeeper-gem] to
["zookeeper"] [...] resource ["Package", "zookeeper"] already declared".

Is there a nice way to not handle this with "realize" or defines? At
least that is what I was able to dig up. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that from the Puppet point of view both are package
resources with the same name. But from the human(my) side this doesn't
make much sense.

Cheers and thanks,

Shorty