Hi Ken:

Yes, I most definitely restarted HTTPd since I have it running over
Passenger. Although, I do see that when I make changes to puppet.conf it
reloads according to /var/log/messages. My puppetdb version is 1.3.2-1. I
do have puppetdb-terminus installed via RPM like puppetdb. Here is my
puppet.conf:

# cat /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
### File managed with puppet ###
## Module:           'puppet'
## Template source:  'MODULES/puppet/templates/puppet.conf.erb'

[main]
    # The Puppet log directory.
    # The default value is '$vardir/log'.
    logdir = /var/log/puppet

    # Where Puppet PID files are kept.
    # The default value is '$vardir/run'.
    rundir = /var/run/puppet

    # Where SSL certificates are kept.
    # The default value is '$confdir/ssl'.
    ssldir = $vardir/ssl

    # Allow services in the 'puppet' group to access key (Foreman + proxy)
    privatekeydir = $ssldir/private_keys { group = service }
    hostprivkey = $privatekeydir/$certname.pem { mode = 640 }

    # Puppet 3.0.x requires this in both [main] and [master] - harmless on
agents
    autosign       = $confdir/autosign.conf { mode = 664 }

[agent]
    # The file in which puppetd stores a list of the classes
    # associated with the retrieved configuratiion.  Can be loaded in
    # the separate ``puppet`` executable using the ``--loadclasses``
    # option.
    # The default value is '$confdir/classes.txt'.
    classfile = $vardir/classes.txt

    # Where puppetd caches the local configuration.  An
    # extension indicating the cache format is added automatically.
    # The default value is '$confdir/localconfig'.
    localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
    report      = true
    pluginsync  = true
    masterport  = 8140