Hi Matthijs,
  You can try using array variable in file resource.This may solve your
issue. Can you explain in detail. I mean the location of files and
directory structures.

If you want to copy the same file content in several files refer following
code snippet,You can use various files path  in array.
$file_names = ['/root/t1',/root/t2',/root/t3',/root/t4']

file { $file_names:
  ensure => file,
  content => 'xyz',
}

You can also use source => '/root/xyz.txt' tag/attribute of file resource
for coping whole file.
This copied the 'xyz' content in all the files present in $file_name array
variables.

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Khengare,

NTT DATA OSS Center Pune, India.**