Hi all,

We have two environments: production (containing one module) and experimental (two modules, one the same name as the module in production). All of our other modules are in the main module directory. Agent runs complete fine in the production environment, but not when switched to experimental. Error:

Error: Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on SERVER: Unknown function sprintf at /usr/local/etc/puppet/modules/config/manifests/init.pp:54 on node hostname.network

I figured that perhaps the modulepath wasn't right, but it turns out sprintf is a core function: http://docs.puppetlabs.com/references/latest/function.html#sprintf

Nothing in any of our modules implements or overrides sprintf, and sprintf is used in modules in the main module directory (i.e. by runs in both environments).

May I have some help troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
Greg.