Problem solved!  Solution was to add the following line to the "[main]"
section of '/etc/puppet/puppet.conf' on the agent:

[main]
    certificate_revocation = false

-- Adam

*J. Adam Craig*
UNIX Operating Systems Analyst
VCU Computer Center
804.828.4886

"Don't be a phishing victim -- VCU and other reputable organizations will
security number or confidential personal information.  For more detauls,
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html";