foreman-postgresql 1.2.3+debian1
foreman 1.2.3+debian1
foreman-proxy 1.2.1+ubuntu1
foreman-installer 1.2.1-debian1

foreman-postgresql 1.3.0-1
foreman 1.3.0-1
foreman-proxy 1.3.0-1
foreman-installer 1.3.0-1

it looks as if the upgrade didn't make the required changes to the
database, or something like that. I dropped the db and recreated it and the
error about the missing column went away but still couldn't enroll new
nodes.

I urgently needed to make this work so I just ripped out foreman. I didn't
have time to research the issue further or try to fix foreman.