On 2013-12-11 17:45, Schofield wrote:
I want to list out all the variables that do not have values set for a
catalog.  Can puppet do this?

No, not really - in theory it is an infinite number of variables :-)

What is it you are trying to achieve?

Here are some tips based on guessing what it is you want to do...

Asserting that what you expect is in the catalog is actually there? (If so, you can write rspec-puppet tests and assert that the variables you expect to be set are set under different circumstances, that the catalog has certain classes, resources etc.).

You can also use the Geppetto IDE to help you find misspelled variables (they will naturally always be undefined).

Puppet lint may help find problems.

If you are trying to get a list of all assignments in source code that was evaluated and where the assignment was never evaluated (due to conditional expressions) or assigned undef because evaluation produced undefined then there is to my knowledge no such utility.

Hope that helps.

Regards
- henrik