Warning - Puppet newby here.

I am trying to set up a puppetmaster 3.3.2 and have run into a snag right
out of the box.

I want to add a new directory to modulepath= in /etc/puppet/puppet.conf

So I added the following line in the [main] header

modulepath = /etc/puppet/modules:/opt/our-repo/puppetmaster/modules

And populated new new directory with modules I have written.

I then run

puppet master --configprint modulepath
and I in fact see
/etc/puppet/modules:/opt/our-repo/puppetmaster/modules

But when I restart puppetmasterd I get the following errors.

2013-12-06 19:05:09 +0000 Puppet (err): Could not find class newapp for
ip-10-0-22-5 on node ip-10-0-22-5

On the clients I get the message
 Puppet (err): Could not retrieve catalog from remote server: Error 400 on
SERVER: Could not find class newapp for ip-10-0-22-5 on node ip-10-0-22-5

If I move my newapp module to /etc/puppet/modules it works fine. So I think
the module itself isn't the problem.

I've also tried moving the modulepath= to the [master] stanza but things
still don't work.

*Can anyone tell me the incantation I need to make puppetmasterd recognize
my /opt/our-repo/puppetmaster/modules directory*?

Thanks.