Every node (except for the master) does something like this when i run
"puppet agent -t":

root@node1:~$ puppet agent -t
> Info: Retrieving plugin
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/concat_basedir.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/environment.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/pe_version.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/puppet_vardir.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/iptables_version.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/ssh_hostkey_localhost.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/fsecure_version.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/facter_dot_d.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/root_home.rb
> Info: Loading facts in
> /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/iptables_persistent_version.rb
> Info: Loading facts in /var/lib/puppet/lib/facter/ip6tables_version.rb
> Info: Caching catalog for node1.local.domain
> Info: Applying configuration version '1386350341'
> Notice: Finished catalog run in 25.51 seconds

The puppet master however doesn't.

An example on how this affects the functionality:

I use a template that manages the /etc/motd file.
It contains the fact "kernelrelease". Meaning after i update the kernel on
the master, this information is supposed to be updated. (I'm still talking
about the master server, every other nodes works as expected!)
But since the master doesn't load facts on a run, the motd file doesn't get
updated.