hey all,

Having a little trouble sharing a file as part of a module I'm attempting
to use.

This is the error that I'm seeing:

[root@beta:~] #puppet agent --test --server puppet.mydomain.com
info: Caching catalog for beta.jokefire.com
info: Applying configuration version '1389142209'
err:
/Stage[main]/Cassandra/File[/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml]:
Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment
production source(s)
puppet:///modules/cassandra/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml
at /etc/puppet/modules/cassandra/manifests/init.pp:12
notice: Finished catalog run in 1.62 seconds

Here is the class definition in the module I've created to share a
cassandra configuration file and ensure that the service is running:

[root@puppet:/etc/puppet] #cat modules/cassandra/manifests/init.pp
class cassandra {
   service { cassandra:
         ensure => running,
  }

   file { "/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml":
      owner => "root",
      group => "root",
      mode => 0440,
      source =>
"puppet:///modules/cassandra/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml",

Here is the file I am trying to server on the puppet server:

[root@puppet:/etc/puppet] #ls -l
modules/cassandra/file/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml
-r--r----- 1 puppet puppet 30876 Jan  7 19:42
modules/cassandra/file/etc/alternatives/cassandrahome/conf/cassandra.yaml

The file is physically there and the permissions and ownership seem right
to me.

Can anyone please help me with this error?

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!