That issue should be fixed "soon", I'm told. The reports do get sent to
puppetboard, but the report processor throws an unhandled exception
because it references one of the 'metrics' hash fields, which is empty
in failed reports (this should be fixed in master to log an error
message instead). However, the bigger issue is that (a) puppet reports
only include per-resource statuses, not an overall status, so there's
nothing in the current report format that indicates that it was a failed
run, let alone why, and (b) there's no place to store that information
in the PuppetDB schema (yet) once it makes it into the reports.

If you're interested in this issue, you should watch the following issues:
[PDB-16] Store status for reports - Puppet Labs Tickets -
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-16
[PDB-36] Add agent run failure information to reports - Puppet Labs
Tickets - https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PDB-36
[PUP-283] Improve agent error reporting - Puppet Labs Tickets -
https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-283
[PUP-916] Document report format changes for improved agent reporting -
Puppet Labs Tickets - https://tickets.puppetlabs.com/browse/PUP-916

-Jason