On Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:44:01 PM UTC-6, bluethundr wrote:

> Hey all,
>
>  I'm getting the following puppet error on only one of my hosts. The rest
> are all producing clean puppet runs. Can anyone please clarify for me the
> meaning of this error and if it's innocuous or not?
>
> Error: /File[/var/lib/puppet/lib]: Could not evaluate: Could not retrieve
> information from environment production source(s)
> puppet://puppet.mydomain.com/plugin

I'm with Felix.  This is unlikely to be related to any manifest; instead,
it appears to be related to pluginsync.  I think it's saying that the agent
was unable to sync plugins.  If any of your modules provide custom types or
rely on custom facts, or if they may do in the future, then the error is
significant.  It may cause unexpected behavior up to and including failure
to apply catalogs.

The actual issue might be anything from a firewall on one side or the other
blocking the pluginsync to access controls on the client preventing the
agent from creating / updating files in /var/lib/puppet/lib.  You should
find it and fix it.

John