On 02/19/2014 02:03 AM, HPUX_PUPPET wrote:

Just a bit more explanation...

When I was looking for references I was only finding puppet-lint and rspec-puppet for testing manifests, but not finding anything for writing the spec files to test module functionality or modifications to existing modules such as the HPUX user management.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Puppet Users" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to puppet-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/puppet-users/cf5de8e3-d6c9-490c-a497-d9fbd27a3e88%40googlegroups.com.
There is not that much documentation available.

I did a talk on cfgmgmtcamp.eu about TDD and puppet. Yoiu can find a little blog at the BPUG website : puppet-be.github.io. (there are some references in the slides)

I look mostly at the puppet code for examples for writing rspec files. Some interesting links I also have to look at :

http://www.morethanseven.net/2014/01/25/code-coverage-for-puppet-modules/
http://hajee.github.io/2014/01/18/testing-your-system-installation-with-rspec

https://github.com/ghoneycutt/puppet-module-nfs/blob/v1.6.2/spec/classes/init_spec.rb#L58-186

I will delve again into this topic shortly, and share my experiences in my sequel of the talk on puppetcamp Paris/Berlin.

Also looking for people interested in testing using rspec and there experience/problems

Sorry i couldn't give you the info you need, but hope you will find some answers in the links.

Grts

johan

--
Johan De Wit

Open Source Consultant

Red Hat Certified Engineer         (805008667232363)
Puppet Certified Professional 2013 (PCP0000006)
Open-Future Phone +32 (0)2/255 70 70
Zavelstraat 72              Fax       +32 (0)2/255 70 71
3071 KORTENBERG             Mobile    +32 (0)474/42 40 73
BELGIUM                     http://www.open-future.be
Next Events:
Zabbix Certified Training |
http://www.open-future.be/zabbix-certified-training-10-till-12th-march
Zabbix for Large Environments Training |
http://www.open-future.be/zabbix-large-environments-training-13-till-14th-march
Puppet Intruction Course |
http://www.open-future.be/puppet-introduction-course-14th-april
Puppet Advanced Training |