On 2014-09-05 19:22, Joe Topjian wrote:
Hello,

I keep running into several parsing issues in 3.5 that don't exist in
Puppet 3.4.

I saw the thread about issues with the future parser and defined types:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/puppet-users/HOVnQ1EXwjY

I'm using the future parser, but I'm seeing issues in other manifests
besides defined types. Two examples are:

https://github.com/saz/puppet-rsyslog/issues/74

https://github.com/arioch/puppet-redis/blob/master/manifests/init.pp

For the Redis example, I had to add redis:: to each of the include
statements and Class resources. I understand why those changes needed
made, but I don't understand what caused them to appear in 3.5.x when
everything works fine in 3.4.

I read that Puppet 3.6 fixes some issues with the future parser. Are the
issues I'm seeing known and fixed?

In 3.5 the new evaluator was added and it is on by default when using --parser future. If you want to turn it off you can use --evaluator current in addition to --parser future)

If it works under --evaluator current but not under --evaluator future, we like to hear about it, please file a ticket in that case.

Regards

- henrik

Thanks,
Joe