On Monday, June 23, 2014 10:52:48 AM UTC-5, Alessandro Franceschi wrote:

> On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:01:49 PM UTC+2, Trevor Vaughan wrote:
>>
>> +1 to everything that John has said.
>>
>> While many Forge modules are not useful to me out of the box, I have had
>> good luck modifying them to meet my needs at any given time.
>>

> Well, in my very personal opinion, if someone takes a module of mine and
> has to modify it in order to make it meet his needs, I've lost.

We have a deep difference of opinion there.  The way I see it, if someone
uses a module of mine to serve his needs, with or without modification,
then he and I have both won.  And if he gives me his modifications (on
suitable terms) then I have won twice.  In a sense, I can be a bigger
winner if users do modify my module than if they don't.

I think this may be near the core of our more general difference of opinion
about what it means for a module to be 'reusable'.

John