On Monday, June 30, 2014 7:06:22 AM UTC-5, Satish Katuru wrote:

> Hi Brain,
>
> Here is the detailed steps:
>

> *Error: /Stage[main]/Httpd/File[/etc/puppet/modules/hello.txt]: Could not
> evaluate: Could not retrieve information from environment production
> source(s) puppet://dayrhetamp076.enterprisenet.org/modules/httpd/hello
> <http://dayrhetamp076.enterprisenet.org/modules/httpd/hello>*
>

> In Master Server it couldn't identify the path of the source file.
>

> Here are my nodes.pp,site.pp and init.pp
>
> node "dayrhetamp077.enterprisenet.org"
> {
>
> include httpd
>
> }
> ---
>
> import 'nodes.pp'
> $puppetserver = 'dayrhetamp076.enterprisenet.org'
>
> ----
>
> class httpd
> {
>
> file
> {
> "/etc/puppet/modules/hello.txt":
> ensure => file,
> owner => "katusa02",
> group => "katusa02",
> mode => "0640",
> source =>"puppet://$puppetserver/modules/httpd/hello",
>
> }
> }

If you are trying to have the agent retrieve the file from the same master
that serves its catalog, then you do not need or want to put the master's
hostname in the URL.  In URI-speak, you specify an altogether empty
'authority', leaving 'path' adjacent to the '//', like so:

  puppet:///modules/httpd/hello.txt

That's how you get three adjacent slashes -- the empty authority is between
(sort of) the second and the third.

> And on the Agent Machine(*077) I have included below code in the config
> file
>
> certname = dayrhetamp077.enterprisenet.org
>         autosign = true
>         server = dayrhetamp076.enterprisenet.org

With that said, although I have never discovered a good use case for
specifying an authority in a puppet:// URI, what you are doing with that
looks like it should work.

Is it possible that the problem relates to the fact that you are trying to
manage a file named "hello.txt", but you give a source URI for a file named
simply "hello"?

John