Hello,

I am scratching my head on this one. For a project, I need to compile a
package from source that depends on a apt source package. Since I am
managing package sources with puppet, I need apt-get builddep to be
executed *after* sources have been added.

All my sources are managed inside the class 'sources' through apt::source.
However, when I require that class for builddep, I am falling into a huge
dependency cycle: (Anchor[apt::source::puppetlabs] =>
Apt::Source[puppetlabs] => Class[Sources] => Apt::Builddep[something] =>
Exec[apt-builddep-something] => Exec[apt_update] => Class[Apt::Update] =>
Anchor[apt::source::puppetlabs])

When I omit the requirement, puppet executes builddep before the sources
have been added and the command fails.

After a lot of debugging, trying and reading through the apt source, I came
to the conclusion that this is a problem inside apt. I am out of ideas.
Does anyone here have a idea for this problem or should I start patching
apt?

(Related
serverfault:
http://serverfault.com/questions/610356/puppet-class-node-dependencies)