Hi,

  Changing the ca means that every node signed with one of the other two
will need to regenerate its cert and ask for be signed again(including both
not ca puppet masters)

  In the puppet masters that are not a ca you should add the 'ca' and
'ca_server' parameters in the puppet.conf. stop puppet (both agent and
master) remove all the certs info, generate the certs again ( puppet agent
-t will do the trick) , sign them from the ca and start puppet.

   Then you should repeat this steps ( stop agent, remove certs, start
agent, sign cert) for every single node that were pointing to the  not ca
puppet masters.

I thing more or less these are the steps.

Regards,