Are we even sure this is a PuppetDB problem? And not an issue with the
Dashboard itself? As I've shown, the report gets stored in PuppetDB as
a failure. Having said that, if there is an issue in the summary of
the report we don't store those stats ourselves in PuppetDB.

Maxim, I'd do the test I provided in my gist, that is - the curl
request against PuppetDB to confirm this is true for PuppetDB at
least. For 2.1.0 and above this should work fine. At the very least we
need to determine where this fault is. It sounds like PUP-283, but the
latest version of Puppet Board shouldn't suffer this issue since its
not querying against the Dashboard, but PuppetDB directly.

ken.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 5:31 PM, José Luis Ledesma
<joseluis.lede...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which version of puppedb are you running? If I'm not wrong, from puppetdb
> 2.1 catalog compilation errors are stored , but not for previous versions.
>
> Regards,
>
> El 21/07/2014 17:17, "Maxim Nikolaev" <m...@maximnik.com> escribió:
>
>> No. I haven't this feature.
>> my puppet.conf looks like this:
>>
>> [main]
>> modules = /etc/puppet/modules
>> hiera_config = /etc/puppet/hiera.yaml
>> pluginsync    = true
>> server = HOSTNAME
>> #port = 8081
>>
>> [agent]
>> server = HOSTNAME
>> report = true
>> classfile = $vardir/classes.txt
>> localconfig = $vardir/localconfig
>>
>> [master]
>> certname = HOSTNAME
>> dns_alt_names = HOSTNAME
>> autosign = true
>> reports = store, http, puppetdb, tagmail
>> reporturl = http://HOSTNAME/reports/upload
>> hiera_config = /etc/puppet/hiera.yaml
>> storeconfigs = true
>> storeconfigs_backend = puppetdb
>>
>> I found discussion about this bug:
>>
>> http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/3851
>>
>> But I want to know if there is any workaround.
>>
>> If catalog fails on client side  - I can see error reports.
>>
>> On Monday, July 21, 2014 4:01:43 PM UTC+3, Ken Barber wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Maxim,
>>>
>>> This is not directly reproducible by myself today:
>>> https://gist.github.com/kbarber/c6941099bea07096361e ...
>>>
>>> Perhaps something in your puppet.conf is doing this, I could imagine
>>> something like:
>>>
>>> usecacheonfailure = true
>>>
>>> Causing this to happen, but I can't reproduce the exact same conditions
>>> myself.
>>>
>>> Here is my basic puppet.conf fwiw:
>>>
>>> # cat /etc/puppet/puppet.conf
>>> [main]
>>> logdir=/var/log/puppet
>>> vardir=/var/lib/puppet
>>> ssldir=/var/lib/puppet/ssl
>>> rundir=/var/run/puppet
>>> factpath=$vardir/lib/facter
>>>
>>> [agent]
>>> report = true
>>>
>>> [master]
>>> ssl_client_header = SSL_CLIENT_S_DN
>>> ssl_client_verify_header = SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY
>>> storeconfigs = true
>>> storeconfigs_backend = puppetdb
>>> reports = store,puppetdb